Monday, June 8, 2015

Random pictures from Battambang.


We have so many pictures that I cannot put into a category, please enjoy some of the sites we see.

 We liked this thatched roof.  It was taken out in the country.





 These are some pictures I took from the car. The golden structures are wats. They are all over, just beautiful buildings and smaller "monuments." I will learn more and post.  After all, we are not tourists and don't have full-time to discover and learn about this interesting culture. But we have amazing experiences that tourists don't have.


I don't know how to capture the countryside. The foliage reminds me so much of Hawaii.  Lots of bougainvillea and palms. We are looking forward to see when various trees blossom.  We don't have four seasons, but we do have various blossoms and rainy season. There are lots of rice fields in this area.  It is dry right now, but apparently they will be beautiful green at some point.


This is the river that runs through Battambang. We cross it 10 times a day!  You can see that it looks more like a mud puddle.  It is usually higher. I don't know what the man on the boat is doing, but it was picturesque. I have seen families playing in the water.


Elephants everywhere. I like these white ones best. They are holding lotus flowers in their trunks.

This is a garbage can, but most people just pile plastic bags by their place. We see people rummaging through these bags to find recyclables. At first I thought there was no garbage collection, because their is trash everywhere, but people do sweep their places every morning.  There is still lots of trash everywhere.


This is a baby gecko on our wall.  I actually let it into the house. Apparently, they keep the insects in check.  You can see them everywhere, EVERYWHERE.



One day we are going to spend a Prep Day sitting in one place and taking pictures of transportation modes here. It is so interesting. Unfortunately, we usually are driving when we see things and it is difficult to capture from the car.

This cobra image is everywhere.  Since snakes are my least favorite thing, I have to get used to this.

This was beautiful as well. Note the orange blossoms in the background. I don't know what the name of that tree is, but we saw it in Hawaii as well.  Also, note the smoke. There are no burn restrictions, so often we see garbage burning, or just leaves.

Pretty random, but if what they say is true, I have just given you thousands of words.  We are so grateful to be serving here.


No comments:

Post a Comment